Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Warning: Woman on Estrogen

So my appt with Dr. Mac went well yesterday. We talked for awhile, and we came up with a plan. He really wants me to do 21 days of estrogen to build up my lining (since they cut into my uterus again). Apparently he wanted to do that after surgery, but he and Patrick talked about it and Patrick said it makes me crazy...this is what happens when men make decisions by themselves. Anyway, the estrogen would #1 get me to stop bleeding! and #2 be the best tool to get us back on track sooner. So we decided to do half the dose we did after the big septum surgery in July 2005. So far so good, yesterday I felt like you do when have to double on birth control pills because you forgot one. Today is a little better...not nearly as bad as the last time I took them. If I'm down to spotting by tomorrow, then I schedule an u/s in 3 weeks (and we could even be given the green light to try that very next cycle!). If I'm still bleeding tomorrow, then I go in for an u/s tomorrow...we shall see.

In other news, I ran 2 miles straight (and in 18 minutes) for the first time since...yah...November. It felt good, but I'm sore today and have a tennis match tonight. I need a nap!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Good luck with the oestrogen (yes, I am a Brit, and I haven't yet got over the adding of letters to American spellings!). Glad you are feeling a bit better. Hope the tennis went well!