Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I'm still alive

I think I've done the "ignore it and it will go away" thing, but apparently that doesn't work with infertility. I'm exhausted, annoyed, and ready to go home, so I'll give you the quick run down.

I had surgery again on Friday...yep, the adventure never ends with me. I NEVER felt quite normal after the last miscarriage. Constant spotting, and then a sonohysterogram that showed "something" in the uterus. After 2 days of methergine, a lot of bleeding, and a lot of cramping, they checked again. Still something there. So Dr. Mac decided to go in with the tool they use for an endometrial biopsy and see if they could get it out...after a very painful clamp on my cervix and even more painful "fishing" for the "clots", clots came out and we redid the sonohyst...still there...freaking lovely.

After a nervous breakdown and much urging by everyone around me, we went for a second opinion. She was great, and she absolutely supported all of my treatment so far. She agreed that we'd found the magic combination and that we should just try again. She also said that whatever is in there had to come out.

So this past Friday, I went for the surgery. Low and behold there was even a little bit of septum left...not enough to cause a problem, but hey, they were in the neighborhood. So they resected the remaining septum, and removed the tissue (not clot) that was still attached to the wall...lovely, my body can do nothing right. I slept Friday, and on and off through the weekend. Ended up being too tired to make it to work yesterday, but I'm here today. I'm grouchy, tired, and I have a sore throat, but I'm down to spotting, not cramping, and feeling some semblance of normal...I'm hoping all will be well by the end of the week!

So that's the quick update for now. I'm sure I'll be posting more as time goes on...as I heal and get back at this again...what a long road this has been...and the prospect of getting back on the highway...terrifying at this point...

2 comments:

Tina / Anxious Changer said...

I am so sorry this "end" was just finally became an end for you. I can't believe it has taken so long to finally begin to heal.

Will be watching as you get your courage up to try again...and I am glad that you have a doc who could finally give you some more answers.

TeamWinks said...

Let's hope that's the last we see of the septum! That Girl, now with 100% less septum!