Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Post Holiday Updates!

Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's celebration!! We did a lot of visiting, worked around the house, made some time for fun (see the movie Juno...LOVED it!), and managed to put our house in shambles (more on that later).

First, Christmas brought us to 24 weeks which of course means new pictures! I definitely look pregnant now, but as usual, I'm already bigger than when we took these pictures last week!!
The latest progression...



24 weeks (oh and a new hairdo..heehee)


All went well at my appt last week. Much to my surprise, my appointments will now be every 2 weeks, another "perk" of being a problem child (although Dr. Swaim keeps telling me what a boring pregnant lady I am these days!! : ) ). Next week's appt will also include my glucose tolerance test, and I hear that lovely liquid I get to drink is just yummy...not. In other news, she said I'd be switching over to heparin (twice daily shots instead of once daily Lovenox) at about 36 weeks in preparation for delivery. Also, we have a window!!! This little girl will arrive somewhere between April 1-4th! That's our induction window! We'll most likely be looking at April 2nd, exactly 38 weeks. That's exactly 3 months from today and a fairly terrifying thought...LOL!

Referring back to my mention of our house mess...we decided to go ahead and put in the same wood flooring we used for the nursery in the living room. So currently my living room furniture is spread between the breakfast nook and dining room and the piano is blocking one entryway making for a creative escape route from the kitchen to the front door. Turns out I can't slip through those tight spots that I used to ; ) But of course, the floor will be completely worth it once it's done. I can't believe how much dirt and dust was under the carpet, and I'll be much happier with it gone!!

5 comments:

Me said...

We have hardwood floors throughout our entire house. And while it can sometimes be frustrating that every bit of dust shows, it is worth it to know that it is truly gone after you clean!

Anonymous said...

You look great. I second the Juno movie. I thought it was great, and I tried not to like it.

Tina / Anxious Changer said...

Wow! You look wonderful! I am so glad things are going so well...and that you have a definitive induction date. If you make it to the induction, although you won't have that "rush" to the hospital most women have, it does give you a sense of calm before the baby arrives.

Sweet T said...

I am a friend of "The Naptime Blog" author and ofter read about your pregnancy! Go for the orange glucose drink...it's much better than the "fake coke" or "fake sprite"! Congrats!

Polly Gamwich said...

So excited to see your 26w pic!