Wednesday, January 30, 2008

9 weeks left...

Can that really be right? 9 weeks and she'll be here. After waiting 4 years, she's really coming? I'm in awe of this every single day. I was just telling Patrick this morning that I'm in a bit of a panic. While I feel completely ready emotionally, I don't feel physically ready for her (getting the house in order, getting her stuff, learning to use the stuff, etc.). I'm completely lost. I can tell you absolutely everything about getting pregnant, staying pregnant, being pregnant...but the cold hard truth is that I don't have a freaking clue what to do with a baby. Am I really going to figure all of this out that fast?

Anyway, moving on from my panic of the hour, here are the pics from last week at 28 weeks. I just posted the mini-progression here because the big progression is getting too big and really you can see the big changes pretty good with just these pics. Boy do I look pregnant now!! It's actually kind of funny. I'm constantly running into things and when she gets active, I swear it looks like that thing from Alien is about to pop out of my stomach. But I love every minute of it.


Next on tap is an all day Breastfeeding class on Saturday. I've excused Patrick from it because that just seems like pure torture, and I'm not that mean...today at least. ; ) Also, the showers are coming, more appointments, you name it, and every step along the way just makes it more real. The craziest moment for me in the past week was when I opened my own shower invitation. To see my name on that invitation...finally, after all these years, well I got a little emotional. I'm really having a baby, and I have to repeat that to myself several times a day so I can finally start believing it.

3 comments:

KRISTI said...

I love popping in on your blog and seeing the countdown number on your sidebar get lower and lower and lower!


As for not knowing, I think you are just like every other new mother. We brought our sleeping DD home and put her carseat on the floor and looked at each other and said, "Now what?" And then your instinct takes over. You are going to be a great Mommy!

Emilie said...

It's funny, going from "how do I inject this drug," to "how do I soothe this baby."
The only advice I have is you need less stuff than you think. You need love, a car seat, diapers, wipers, lots of towels, blankets, pillows, and clothes. Almost everything else is optional for a long time. (Although the baby swing does save my bacon a lot).
I find that breastfeeding while lying down is easiest for both of us. Ask about side lying at your class. Also ask about Mother's Milk Tea. Lashano Nursing pads (you can get at target - they work the best! I used to flood my shirt...), and nipple creams. And remember to clean out the hospital of everything they have to offer: samples, diapers, wipers, Nucnucs whatever. They have a lot to give if you ask.

Me said...

You've been waiting so long for this and I'm excited you're finally getting your dream!