Thursday, January 17, 2008

No sex til Summer! and other reasons I love my husband

No sex til summer....(say it like you're singing "No Sleep Til Brooklyn" by the Beastie Boys)
I just wanted to point out that little fact. Since we conceived...there has been no action. This is what happens when you're in a high risk pregnancy coupled with spotting, followed by a cerclage, etc. Seriously...it's been since July, and following the usual post-delivery rules, we're looking at May....freaking MAY!
That trooper of a husband of mine has been absolutely wonderful about it, so much so that even my mom commented on it (which was awkward...LOL!). I on the other hand am going CRAZY! My dreams...don't even get me started on my dreams. I need to change the subject...LOL!

Anyway, I was talking about how wonderful my husband is. He called yesterday and asked if I wanted to go to a movie. I said yes of course, but assumed that we were going to see something he wanted to see (National Treasure I thought). Low and behold, he caught me completely off guard when we stopped in front of the theater playing PS I Love You. Seriously, I have the BEST husband ever.

Continuing in his praise today (it is his birthday tomorrow after all), he said the most amazing thing the other day. We were standing at the kitchen sink, and he reached over and rubbed my belly (which he does constantly these days), and then said "What if we'd given up after the last one?"...meaning what if we just hadn't tried again after the last miscarriage. I couldn't even answer, I just teared up, and he hugged me so tight. He's never stopped telling me how strong I was for making it through everything we've endured these past few years, he's always given me more credit than I deserve for getting to this point, but it wasn't until he said that that I truly realized that reward I'm getting for seeing this through...the prize I get for not giving up...when so many other people would have given up...given up on their strength, their faith, their bodies, given up on each other even. I spend every day being thankful that this journey only ever succeeded in bringing Patrick and I closer. With every loss, with every bad test result, every frustrating day, we only clung tighter to each other. He was always just as frustrated to hear about someone else getting pregnant, just as hurt by stupid comments, and he was so tormented by the pregnant teenagers he had to see everyday at school. I have NEVER felt alone on this path, and I am so unbelievably lucky to have him by my side as we start this new chapter.

OK, so apparently I needed to get that out...LOL!
In other news, I passed my glucose tolerance test YAY!, but I failed my anemia test BOO! So I started iron pills last week, what a freaking horse pill! Anyway, I really do feel like I have more energy, but it's probably just psychosomatic.

And we've now succeeded in completely overscheduling ourselves for the month of February including: 9 high school soccer games (Patrick's coaching), breastfeeding class, hometown shower, local shower, maternity portraits, 4D ultrasound, and childbirth classes. We don't have an open weekend until mid-March at this point!
I promise my 26 week pics tomorrow (even though I'm already at 27w). Boy am I growing!!!

3 comments:

Polly Gamwich said...

Wow, talk about inspiring hope for those of us still ttc. Thanks for sharing your story ... it made me cry, you have a wonderful DH.

Looking forward to your belly!

KRISTI said...

Your DH is wonderful! He's a keeper. Geez! I need to have mine read that post.

I can't wait to see belly pics. :)

Anonymous said...

hooray!! can't wait to see the photos.