Friday, August 24, 2007

My Favorite Muffin

OK, so later there will be an actual picture of the u/s, but for now you just have to use your imagination. : )

We have one little muffin in there. Terri said everything looked absolutely "perfect". She saw the heartbeat within seconds, so I luckily got to spend the rest of the u/s very calm. I did some deep breathing before actually, and my blood pressure wasn't too horrible (for my pre-u/s bp that is), it was only like 150/70 or so.

We're measuring about on track (1 day off, but the yolk sac was kind of in the way, it's so hard because they're so small right now), and the heart rate is a wonderful 122bpm. I love seeing that little flicker and then hearing that thumping...everything is going just right.

Terri was very excited, and I had barely gotten my skirt back on when there was a knock and here comes Dr. Mac in to give me a big old hug and shake Patrick's hand and say "good job"...hahaha! Everyone was in there just chit-chatting saying how excited they are. Terri couldn't stop going on about how great everything looked. They all really think that this is finally the one...and you know what...so do I.

I have however been told to start adding Colace to my daily pills...no one likes a constipated "problem child" pregnant woman apparently. Blech!

Oh, and in other news...I feel like crap. For the first time, I have REAL morning sickness. I have yet to throw up, and I don't think I will. It takes A LOT to make me throw up...like I haven't thrown up since I was in the hospital for my ectopic surgery and had too much morphine.
Anyway, I feel queasy pretty much all day, especially in the evenings when I don't feel like moving from the couch. I feel better when I eat, only to feel worse again 15 minutes later...and I'm loving every second of it.
Here's my favorite conversation.
Patrick: How are you feeling?
Me: I feel terrible.
Patrick: Good.
Me: I know!

Anyway, I'll attempt to scan the picture sometime this weekend, but you can also look forward to another report after my next u/s next Friday, August 31st!!!

I guess now I should let this really sink in...this is really happening...and statistics say that this should really be the one...please let it be...

Finally, the u/s pic!

8 comments:

Stacey, Marc, Drew and Tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey, Marc, Drew and Tyler said...

Sorry somehow my comment was deleted. I just wanted to tell you I couldn't be happier for you, Patrick and your "sticky" little muffin.

Azgirl from FF

Sharon said...

Yay, congratulations again! Maybe the muffin should be a sticky bun instead. :)

I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy, but I'm also happy for you -- I hope it goes away just as soon as that wouldn't freak you out.

Now's the part where you get to make Patrick wait on you hand and foot... have fun.

KRISTI said...

I am so happy for you!!!! I love the muffin story.

Janna said...

So happy that everything is going well with the little one. I know you're feeling terrible, but it's a GREAT thing! So glad for you and Patrick!

Kirsten said...

It does sound great...I just know this is it, too! Now you just have to prepare yourself for the final visit to Dr. Mac's before being released to your OB...it was a GREAT thing but also bittersweet to say goodbye to such wonderful people, though I do still try to stay in touch!
Congrats and can't wait to see the pic!!!

Cari said...

Hi, I must admit I've been stalking your page and hoping for the best each time! I just had to post and say how excited I am for your little muffin!!! -vendie from FF

Tina / Anxious Changer said...

Congratulations...this is great news for you! May your appointments to come always be a round-table discussion of how well things are going!