Thursday, August 23, 2007

Do you know the muffin chick?

OK, finally, I will tell the muffin story!!

Now my good friend Kerri has always been a part of my "fertility team"...she's right up there with my various assortment of dr.s and nurses, and really just below Patrick in the hierarchy. Well Kerri felt that we just weren't doing everything that we could to make sure I got pregnant.

So it was a mere few days before my IUI that a package arrived in the mail. Kerri said she had sent something, and I had actually forgotten until Patrick mentioned there was a package for me at home. So I open it, not having a clue what it is, and instantly the wonderful aroma of cinammon fills the kitchen. It's muffins....what? muffins? She sent me muffins in the middle of summer?

So the muffins come with a letter. The letter goes on to describe that these are special "good karma" muffins. Kerri made them for her REs office before she got pregnant, and then again for her OBs office and then went into labor 3 days later. These muffins had a pretty good track record so far.

So my job was to eat the muffins. Patrick, being the team player that he is, decided that he'd better eat a muffin or two as well. But then, I read further, I had to MAKE my OWN muffins and take them to Dr. Mac's. OK, whatever Kerri says, I'll do!

Continuing in his team player role, Patrick even went to the store and bought everything I needed for the muffins. I made the muffins on Monday night, and we took them the Dr. Mac's on Tuesday afternoon when I was inseminated (I still love to use that word)! I actually told them the story, and they thought it was just awesome!

And the rest is history...the muffins have worked yet again! And so when it came time to find a name for this little one (previous ones were named "pumpkin" because they were due on Halloween and "chicken" because Patrick decided it looked like a chicken embryo)....muffin was the perfect choice.

So finally you have it...the muffin story...
Here are the muffins I took to Dr. Mac's last month.

6 comments:

adbwifey0804 said...

aww, cute story!!


NOW SEND ME SOME FREAKING MUFFINS! :)

Andee said...

You don't know me, but I'm a friend of Kerri's and that sounds just like something she would do. I have been praying for you, and I sure hope that this little muffin is the one that you have been waiting for. God Bless!

Polly Gamwich said...

(I found your blog via FF)

How cute and sweet is this story! And to boot, they look like very tasty muffins ...

Praying that your muffin's beta will look wonderful tomorrow!

Emilie said...

I am SOOOOO taking Muffins to the OB's office to share with everyone so I can go into LABOR this time!
I'll try anything at this point...

wirrek said...

Wow, your muffins look so much better than mine. I need to work on presentation. Glad they worked!

dmarie said...

I need to get myself some of those magic muffins!

Congrats again! I'm not sure you remember me from FF. It's been a long time :)