Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Waiting it out

Just kind of taking it day by day right now. We played in the tennis tournament this weekend, and had a pretty good time aside from the bad weather and the crappy things that did to our game. We both won our first singles matches on Friday (I even beat the #3 seed), and I ended up as the only unseeded player in the quarterfinals. Then the bad weather came, and screwed up the schedule, and we ended up playing on indoor courts AND playing short sets (you start at 2-2)...that really screwed us up since we're both slow starters. So needless to say we both lost in the next round. We didn't even get to play mixed doubles until about 7pm Sunday night. We easily could have won the match, but we were adjusting to doubles, to each other, and of course the stupid short sets. We lost respectably to the #1 seed (6-7, 4-6), and best of all we had enough fun to want to try it again. : ) I think Patrick was pretty impressed with the way I played against them!

So anyway, we're busy all over the place. My weeknight singles league ends tonight, and then my combined league starts next week. Patrick's league starts Saturday, and I'm also going to start practicing with the Kingwood ladies starting this Saturday, so lots of tennis at our house!

Meanwhile, my next dr. appt is Monday...5 days away. Supposedly, we're doing an u/s to see how my lining is recovering from surgery and responding to the estrogen (I think I've been fairly pleasant considering!). And then we'll have a plan...I don't even want to think about what the possible outcomes might be. I don't want to get my heart set on trying again soon only to find out that we'll be pushed back another 3 months or something...so I'm just waiting it out for now, and we'll see.

No comments: