Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A cure for infertility?

Yep, I've got it, just come work with me! Seriously, another one of my co-workers is pregnant (they just started trying in Jan., she's already 8 weeks), and of course, I hear this second-hand because no one wants to upset the "infertile one". I know it's actually much more sensitive than that, and she really doesn't want to hurt me, but shit...that's right, I said shit, and much worse words are going through my mind right now...

I am sick of everyone tip-toeing around me.
I am sick of not being in control of my emotions.
I am sick of being the statistical anomaly.
I am sick of being sick.
I am sick of it being everyone's turn but mine.

Everytime I think I'm getting to a better place, something else sets me back. I just wish that everyone else could stop getting freaking pregnant and just let me have my turn. Have I not earned it, have I not worked hard enough for it, have I not suffered more than anyone I know for this? What the hell do I have to do? Someone tell me because I'll do it, I've taken all the pills, poked myself with more needles than I can count, endured so much physical and emotional pain, what more can I possibly do?

I really just want to go home, have a good cry, and a good bottle, I mean glass, of wine...but I have tennis tonight which means I'm stuck here until it's time to play...Lord help the person across the net from me because I have a lot of aggression that's going to come out tonight in the form of a cross court backhand.

1 comment:

babydreams said...

hi hope you dont mind me posting on your blog - its just your post explains how i'm feeling at the moment too.

I too work in an overly fertile office, and i dont know what's worse, the baby /pregnancy talk or the sympathetic looks. Urgh - just sod off -

i dont want their sympathy , i just want them to stop 'falling' pregnant long enough for me to get my BFP and - please, if they could just manage it - not to give any announcements when i am cycling!!

lol - seriously - if i am a good luck charm for the fertiles around me- then its only fair that i consider their baby announcements as a bad luck omen for my ivf cycle - isnt it??

thanks again for your blog - made me laugh :)