Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Could this be it?

Things are going well....really well....so well, I'm kind of freaking out.
First, the betas...
I had one with Dr. Mac on Monday at 16dpo. Hcg = 560, Progesterone = 53 !!!
I cheated and had them run one in our lab downstairs today at 18dpo and hcg was 2047 ....Patrick keeps asking about twins! We'd totally take them!

My numbers are excellent...better than they've ever been.

One more important thing...on Monday, I started having this feeling about heparin. That maybe I just needed to ask them if we'd considered it. It's the only thing we're not trying this time, and if I lost this one, that's what they'd add next time. I just kept thinking that I needed to at least bring it up. I called Terri Tuesday morning, and 30 minutes later she called back. Dr. Mac reviewed my history again and said that other dr.s would probably go ahead and treat with heparin. He said it wouldn't hurt, and if I was up for it, we should go for it. So this morning, I picked up my heparin, and Kara showed me how to give myself the shot...I get to fill the needle and everything, which of course, I think is fun because I'm a nerd. : ) So 10 pills every night, a pill up you-know-where twice a day, what's a shot in the stomach once a day right? ; )

I just didn't want to look back a month from now facing another loss and wondering "what if".
Now, especially with the amazing beta today, I know that I'm an doing everything in my power to make this work. Maybe God put that heparin idea into my head for a reason...and now I'll leave it in his hands...for once...and try to enjoy this.

I go back on Monday for more bloodwork with Dr. Mac.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I am so glad you posted!! I saw your comment on mine and hurried here to see if you did...and that is excellent!
I am a big believer that that the little voice in our head is God's way of talking to us so I think you are definitely doing the right thing. And it is best to just cover all bases. Dr. Mac recommends 3 days of complete bedrest after IVF but I've read elsewhere that no bedrest is necessary...so, while VERY tempting, I am locking myself down in that bed JUST in case!
Many, many congrats on that BFP!!! By the way...I'll be at Dr. Mac's on Monday for another u/s at 9:30 :)

KRISTI said...

WOW!!!

Nikki said...

Just wanted to say congratulations here (as well as on FF). :) Glad you got the script for heparin. Lots of warm fuzzies!!!