Monday, February 25, 2008

My Little Chunker plus Childbirth Class Part 1

So I just thought I'd share a couple of the pics that we got at our 4D ultrasound last week. It was tons of fun, not something I would have paid for, but Mom really wanted to do it for us, so I wasn't complaining. We have a complete 30 min video of her in the womb, but we have several still shots that are just awesome. She loves putting her foot in her mouth (and it's not a small foot!), and she constantly had her hands in her face...the u/s tech told us to buy lots of mittens...LOL! It was fun to see what she was doing, and it was more priceless to see my mom's reactions (she cried, big surprise...LOL!). The biggest discovery...she looks just like her daddy!!



We stayed pretty busy this weekend, and the nursery is almost done...I can't wait to show it to you, but I just need to put away a few more things before I take pictures...it's dragonfly heaven...thank you Hobby Lobby for deciding to do all of your spring garden collection in 1)dragonflies 2) in all of my selected nursery colors and 3) for really freaking cheap!!! Some of you may know the running "Everything happens for a reason" joke at our house, but Patrick couldn't help pointing that out yesterday as a sat in the glider looking around at the nursery I'd always dreamed of...he said "Hey honey, you wouldn't have been able to find these decorations 3 years ago..." and in unison we said "Everything happens for a reason" and started cracking up.

In other news, we had our first childbirth class yesterday. It was entertaining, but honestly, we only left having learned just a few tidbits we didn't already know from hours of Discovery Health and TLC...LOL! But as always, Patrick was very entertaining, and we were cracking up most of the time (luckily other couples were, too). The most interesting info was the instructor highly recommending an epidural for any of us that were being induced. I knew the contractions were supposed to be far more intense, but hearing it from her somehow convinced me even more. Fine, I'll get the epidural, twist my arm a little more. Have I told you Patrick's theory on epidurals? He said to me one day "If a woman wants to prove how tough she is, fine, do it without the drugs. But if she wants to prove how smart she is, get the epidural." LOL! I'm starting to see his point ; )

Not to mention, my odds for a C-section are steadily increasing. She's still breech as far as I know, and apparently it's highly common for the cervix just not to dilate if it's been stitched...we'll just have to see what happens. 3 more weeks and then we'll be going day to day pretty much!!

Oh, one other note of importance. In our errand running on Saturday, we ended up unexpectedly at PF Chang's for a late lunch. Oh my gosh, they have the cutest little desserts in shot glasses! $2 a piece, and I HIGHLY recommend the Smores dessert...I'm plotting my way back near another PF Chang's ASAP. ; )

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for sharing the images. I never took childbirth classes and Bremen came out alright - you'll be fine. :-) And I agree that EVERYTHING happens for a reason!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for sharing the images. I never took childbirth classes and Bremen came out alright - you'll be fine. :-) And I agree that EVERYTHING happens for a reason!