Friday, February 22, 2008

Funny Story Friday

I can't believe I forgot to tell this story...it's sure to be one of those that we (mostly Patrick LOL!) tell for years.

So remember I said I was going to breastfeeding class a couple of weeks ago...and remember I said I was letting Patrick off the hook and not making him go... Well one of my friends took the same class in the fall, and she WARNED us that she was one of just 2 girls who didn't have her husband there...but did I listen? NO, I tried to be the good wife and let Patrick go golfing. I did not end up the good wife, but Patrick ended up one hell of a husband! Bottom line, the whole thing was my fault, but somehow I turned out smelling like a rose. : ) Take a lesson from mom baby!

Anyway, I get to the class and quickly realize I am the only one without a husband so far. I call Patrick and before I know it, the waterworks start. I tell him I have to get off the phone because class is starting, and I'll call him later. Now, I thought my little pregnant hormonal sniffle was enough to get him in his car and to the class (we live about 30 min from the hospital), but apparently, he texted me a few minutes later to find out if I was still the only one..I didn't get that text until an hour later. At that point, there were 14 couples and just 2 other girls with no husband. As you can expect from me, I made a joke about it when we had to introduce ourselves and said I let my husband go golfing. All of the men were laughing (and jealous), but I said that I had given him a guilt trip when I realized I was one of the few without a husband. The instructor said that I was supposed to get a gift for coming alone, and everyone laughed of course.

So flash forward to when I turn on my phone at the break and discover Patrick is still back in the suburbs! Oh boy I had a holy cow! I couldn't believe he wasn't on his way. Actually, he didn't even know where the class was. He said he was heading down there, but I was doing the grouchy thing saying no don't bother, and then finally, "Well you can come, but you're not sitting with me"...oh God, we're going to have a little me...can I really handle someone with my personality? LOL!

Anyway, 30 min later I see him outside the door. In true me fashion, I look at him with no expression and then turn back to the instructor without acknowledging him..LOL! He walks in and as soon as he sits down at my table, the whole room starts laughing. I then said "Now does this mean I won't get a present out of this?" And on cue, this wonderful man of mine pulls a little wrapped box from James Avery out of his pocket and plops it down right in front of me...you can imagine the collective "awww" from all the women in the room, and of course, what do I do? cry...LOL! The funniest part is that nowhere in my complaining/whining/bitching did I tell him anything about the "gift rule" for attending the class alone. It also seems that he had already bought the present before my second phone call/tantrum. Somehow that made me feel better.

Anyway, the poor man did NOT get to golf obviously, but I did let him go to a poker game that night, so maybe I paid my penance?

Either way, it's a funny story (which was completely my fault), we had a good time at the class (I missed having him there because I knew we'd be laughing and sure enough when he got there we started laughing at about 100 different inside jokes...we were like 2 kids in sex ed class or something...LOL!), AND I got a pair of gold flower and pearl earrings out of it. : )

No comments: