Friday, November 02, 2007

Updates, updates, updates!!!

I know, I suck, I'm sorry!!!
Things have just been nutty at work, and my parents came to visit, too.

All is well (and growing). Let's see. I haven't had any appointments in the past couple of weeks, but there have been some developments. On Monday, I was sitting at my desk, and I felt the strangest sensation...like someone had touched my abdomen from the inside very lightly...as soon as I started to think "was that...?" it happened again...my first baby flutter!! Anyway, I felt the fluttering again everyday this week. Just this morning, I was thinking I hadn't felt anything, so I sat still, and as if he heard me, I got a big "thump"! I swear he must have flipped completely! This has been the craziest thing. First there was doubt as to what it was, but it's always in the same spot, and in the same area where we hear his loud heartbeat on the doppler!!

My parents were here this past weekend, and we had a blast. They are just so excited. We sent Patrick out golfing Saturday so we went to Babies R Us, and as Dad said, went through every single aisle. Mom was being great, just telling me all about this crap that I'm clueless on (I can tell you the intricacies of how to get and stay pregnant, but I sure as hell can't tell you what to do once you have an actual baby you're responsible for!!). Dad was also hilarious interjecting his own comments and toning Mom down when necessary (although he was on a relentless pursuit for a "man-boob"...seen "Meet the Fockers").

The best part was maternity clothes shopping!! For the love of God, why did I wait so long? Those pants were so comfortable that I literally walked out of Motherhood with a new pair of capris on! I don't even want to know how much my parents spent on me last weekend, but as Patrick put it "I made out like a bandit". Plus, I also got a Snoogle (this ridiculously long pillow that looks more like a creepy snake), which led to my first good night of sleep in a few days and my first morning without a headache. I am NOT a side sleeper normally, so this is really helping me!!

So here's what you've been waiting for. My dear genius husband forgot to send me my 14week pic, so for now, I'll just post the latest at 16w along with a repost of the original 6-12 week progression. Seriously though, you've got to see it now! Oddly, it FEELS way bigger than it looks, and I look more pregnant with my shirt down than with it up...note to self...take both pics next picture day!!
Original progression


16 weeks and a proud pooch!


Oh, one more thing to note. My parents upon arriving Friday were concerned to learn that I'd only gained maybe a pound the whole time (I used to be stupid about weight in high school, weren't we all). However, after seeing me eat all day Saturday, Dad was not concerned in the least...it seems I offered him some of my ribs at lunch and then proceeded to eat them all before he had a chance to have one...LOL!

6 comments:

Me said...

How on earth have you managed to eat well but not gain weight? Do you have some magic secret? Tell us, tell us!

lunar said...

As I sit here eating leftover Halloween candy, I have no idea. You name it, I've eaten it!! I'm sure it will catch up to me eventually!!!

KRISTI said...

Totally POOCHY! I'm so happy and not that I was looking but do I see a little butt there???? ;) How exciting that you felt the little one moving too. I'm so happy for you.

Polly Gamwich said...

YAY!! Thank you :0) What a lovely little belly, it looks great! I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

You look great!

Emilie said...

I told you! Maternity pants are the bomb!
So glad you updated.
I just had my C-section on Wednesday and can tell you all my tales. Hope you won't need them, but with the cerclage...
Glad you are having a baby kick. It's a mixed bag. I worried through the last half of my pregnancy when I couldn't feel the baby, then wished it would stop when she clobbered me!
You'll get to wrestle that one soon enough!