Monday, November 05, 2007

Mr./Ms. Wiggles

I swear I can get nothing done once this baby starts wiggling around. I just sit here in awe of what's happening. The movement has really gotten more pronounced over the past few days, with tons of noticeable "wiggles" and even a few kicks. I'm loving every minute of it, but I can imagine that if the baby stays this active, I may not be getting much sleep in a few months...LOL!

Patrick and I also had our first trip to Babies R Us together this weekend...needless to say, he was a little overwhelmed when we walked out. I think it was part "how much is all of this going to cost?" and part "oh God, we're really having a baby". But he's very cute when he gets opinionated, and he proceeded to shake the crap out of every single Pack n Play before he decided which one was safest...LOL!

We're still undecided on bedding, and that just got worse when I introduced him to the more expensive bedding sets that they don't sell at Babies R Us. We're trouble when we're together because we both enjoy the finer things in life...it seems this baby will be no different. But then again, it is going to get pooped, peed, and puked on, so we need to learn to be a little more practical. That being said, I think we've both decided on a certain style of crib that we won't compromise on, so we'll just see if we catch any sales in the next couple of months.

I am fighting miserable headaches these days, and today's is bordering on a migraine. I'm in my office with most of the lights off and I'm functioning, but at some point, I've got to make a decision about when to drive home if it seems like it's getting worse. Sounds like a short day today.

7 comments:

Me said...

"he proceeded to shake the crap out of every single Pack n Play before he decided which one was safest"

replace "safest" with "most durable" and you would have my DH!

Kirsten said...

Be sure to check out Baby's First Furniture...they have a few stores in different parts of town but a HUGE one on 45 north that is awesome. They have beautiful bedding but a little expensive. I made the mistake of buying the full crib bedding (bumpers, coverlets, sheets, skirt)...the bumpers don't fit with my crib and I haven't used the coverlets once. The skirts and sheets were totally worth it though...I picked a few different sets with the same color scheme from Pottery Barn so I can change them out frequently and get a new look.
Babies R Us is STILL overwhelming to me! There's just so much to chose from. And no denying how expensive little ones are...especially girls...the clothes, oh the clothes!!!
Have fun!!!

lunar said...

Thanks Kirsten, that place is on our agenda for next weekend. I saw that they carry a lot of the bedding brands that I like. And thanks for the tip on the bumpers...I was kind of wondering how it was going to fit with our crib, too....guess I'll ask when we get there.

Tina / Anxious Changer said...

Sounds like so many wonderful updates!! Yeah on the movement...wait until it gets noticeable to the outside world! DS used to like to kick so hard sometimes at work, you (and the person standing in my office) could see it!

Ah...bumpers. We never used them for DS. Too many suffocation warning for my taste.

Kristen said...

Babies R Us is always overwhelming. I remember walking in there and going down the aisles and it is just craziness. I never knew some of that stuff existed!

I love that the baby is really moving now. That must be such an amazing feeling! XOXO

Emilie said...

My husband and I are all about "made in the USA." or at least very resistant to Made in China. We ended up going with an Amish made bed that grows into a full size bed. It was not cheap, but it is solid oak, and is my daughter's first piece of real furniture that I hope she will take though life. It's sure built to last a lifetime.
I am surprised at how very little you need for a baby. Here is my short list:
Butt paste, boob paste, diapers, wipers, clothes, co-sleeper, bulb sucker and thermometer (hospital will give you these), fine scissors for nails, car seat, swaddling blankets, lots of pillows for propping and resting (you that is) and a trash can with a lid. And then get more boob paste. Keep it everywhere, cause it's not just for boobs anymore. Chapped cheeks, peeling skin...
I didn't use the crib for months. I like the pack and play but didn't think it was really necessary. Boppy sucked, so did diaper champ. A stroller is nice, but I almost never used one.

adbwifey0804 said...

Aww Moon!! You look great and KICKS??!?!!!?!?! Wow, you give me hope sweety!