Friday, November 16, 2007

It's a.....

GIRL!!!

We had our appt with the perinatologist yesterday. We were both pretty nervous going in because you just can't help but wonder if everything is still going as it should. I mean I know we hear the heartbeat and I feel movement, but still, that doubt creeps in about heart defects, tumors, cysts, you name it.

Of course, everything was just perfect. As soon as he put the probe on, he said GIRL! Patrick, who had proclaimed he wanted a boy, started smiling and didn't stop until we left in separate cars. The rest of the ultrasound went great. Everything in the right place, 2 arms, 2 legs, he checked the brain, spine, stomach, bladder, kidneys, etc. Strangely when he was measuring the leg bones, he turned to Patrick and said "Now how tall are you Dad?" By the way, I love that they call us Mom and Dad at this office...LOL! Of course, Patrick is way tall (6'3"-4"), so it makes me wonder if we've got a long one in there. ; ) Anyway, she measured a few days ahead like last time, and everything looked just great...she was kicking and turning, and when he put it on 3D, you could see her chubby little cheeks (picture to come later).

In other good news, my cervix is doing wonderfully. It measured 2.5cm last month when we decided to put in the cerclage. Yesterday, it measured 3.1cm!! So that means the cerclage is actually making it stronger, I was so happy to hear this!

We were headed to our cars when Patrick said "She can be a girly girl but still be tough. I can see her saying 'Hold on, let me put down my Prada so I can kick your ass.'"
Yep, that's what we're in for. Lord help us if she gets Patrick's size and my temper and decides to play soccer.

Patrick wanted to head home to leave one car behind so we could shop. We ran around looking at cribs and girly bedding (not too girly though), and then we went and had dinner at the Melting Pot (our favorite fondue place). It was just nice ro relax and have a long dinner to talk about things.

We're having a daughter...I'm going to have a daughter. I didn't realize how much I wanted a girl until the dr. said it. In that moment, I remembered hearing about the chromosome testing from my last two losses....2 girls...had I never had a daughter, I think there would have always been that empty place in my heart...but now....a daughter...my daughter. I still can't believe this is real.

10 comments:

KRISTI said...

I'm soooo Happy for you!!! Many Many Many Congratulations to you and your hubby and your BABY GIRL!!!!!

Emilie said...

YEA!!!
Girls ROCK! and let me tell you about the diaper changing... so much less hose action than with the boys!
I am SO happy for you. So glad all is well.
Now, Names????

Sharon said...

I am so, so very happy for you. Many blessings on you and your little girl!

Anonymous said...

oh wow! oh wow! oh wow! So happy for you out in cyber space. I can't wait to meet the new Miss Moon. May she carry Prada purses and be a karate black belt! or whatever else her little heart desires! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

TeamWinks said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Kristen said...

Congratulations on Team Pink!

This is amazing news. I'm so very happy for you :)

Janna said...

YAY for a healthy baby GIRL!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!

adbwifey0804 said...

Oh my!!! I am getting teary eyed reading your announcement. Wow, a little girl!!! CONGRAGULATIONS!

Me said...

Huge congrats!!!

Monica said...

Congrats to you! I just stumbled upon your blog today thru some strange meandering around the blog world. I love it when I happen upon new people just as they have posted something wonderful on their blog. It does seem to happen that way a lot. I have only read a tiny bit of your blog but I'm happy to hear you will have a daughter!
We have five children but have had a miscarriage (I know in my heart that baby was a girl) and we did also need help from an RE for some of our babies so I do know a bit of the world you have lived in. We are still missing our daughter but feel we're on the right track to meet her now.

Best wishes to you and your pink bundle!!!