Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ode to my Skinny Jeans

First off, I feel absolutely wonderful post-cerclage. Hard to believe it's even in there! Spotting stopped on Saturday, no cramping, nada!

What's more fun is that my nausea is now gone, but it has been replaced by MAJOR hunger! Seriously, yesterday in the span of 10 minutes I went from thinking I might be hungry to shaky hands, feeling faint, give me food NOW hungry. It was crazy! On another note, along with the nausea leaving, my energy seems to have returned (all of this happened yesterday!). I had the most productive day at work in 3 months and even made dinner last night (still fell asleep at 9pm, but what's a girl to do).

Now let's take a moment to remember my skinny jeans. We all have them...the tightest ones in the closet, the ones that say "I'm going out, and I'm looking good." They were my favorites, always flattering, always dressy...always buttoned?? Not anymore. Now you know I've been using the Bella Band to leave my jeans unbuttoned for the comfort factor, but I felt the need to point out that my pants still DO button (just not comfortably). Well, the same cannot be said for my skinny jeans. Just recently, I put them on and discovered that while they go on (and can be held up by the Bella Band), it is in fact physically impossible to button them...they were the first to go...I'm guessing because they're low-rise. Anyway, this happened a week ago. Just yesterday, my dressy fitted black pants met the same fate. Although these still will button, but if I'd sat down or sneezed, I would have lost a button and someone would have lost an eye.

That being said, tomorrow is picture day (again!), so let's see if there's a difference this time! I definitely look a little chubbier, but still don't look pregnant.

Oh, a random note on cravings...most women crave cookies, cake, salty chips, french fries...I on the other hand crave MEAT and most recently last night...get this...cooked spinach with butter. And it tasted SO GOOD!!!!

10 comments:

Janna said...

Woo Hoo for the baby bump making the skinny jeans not fit!!!! How exciting! Can't wait to see the belly pic!!

Tina / Anxious Changer said...

Yahoo! As much as you hate to see the skinny jeans go...so much the better!

I never craved anything with my PG with DS - and, when I did want something, it was always fruit/veggie like... So, you are not alone.

Emilie said...

I've been waiting forever for a new post! you promised pictures.

Is everything still OK!?!?!

Polly Gamwich said...

I too want pics - you promised! Let's see that glorious belly!

... I've seen you post on FF so I am praying that you just got distracted from this blog and that everything is fine.

lunar said...

Sorry girls! Everything is fine...just BUSY!!! I promise to post tomorrow...hopefully with those darn pictures from last week...which couldn't possibly have captured what's popping out this week!!! I think next week's is going to be the winner!!

Emilie said...

Oh Lunar....
I was really starting to worry -
Glad all is well.
I go in to have my baby on Wednesday.
Would you like to see my blog?

KRISTI said...

Oh, I'm so glad I read these comments and see that you replied. I'm glad things are going well and I can't wait to see your belly pics!

lunar said...

I'd love a link to your blog Emilie, and I promise to post soon. Picture day is tomorrow, so I can do it all at once!!!

Emilie said...

Lunar
my blog is
http://blogservations.wordpress.com/
I go for my C-section tomorrow - so I'll catch up with you on the other side....
E

Polly Gamwich said...

Ok, ok. You have no excuse ... it is 16 weeks and 1 day now and you promised you'd share pics at 14 weeks - now you've got two weeks of pics to make up for ... and we are excited!!

We want pics, we want pics! Pics were taken' ... let's get that camera plugged in and those pics loaded up.

Show us the BELLY!!