Monday, September 10, 2007

Random Monday Musings

So two more days until I go see Dr. Swaim and pretend to be like every other pregnant woman....yeah right.

I spotted again on Saturday night and immediately panicked. I swear, the stress of seeing the spotting makes me cramp. Then of course, it went away by Sunday morning and has been gone since...as has the cramping! I have been sore in my abs and back though. I'd mentioned that to Terri and Kara on Friday, and they both said it was everything starting to stretch and move, and I'd probably be sore, especially since I'm petite.

I did a good job of staying calm yesterday, and today I'm doing well, too. There's nothing I can do but stay positive, take care of myself, and wait....

I'm 8w5d today...the last loss we found at 9w5d (measuring 9w3d). No one can say if it will happen again, there's no reason to think it would even happen at the same time. I just have to tough out everyday, and know that every day gets me one step closer.

In other random musings...I look better than Britney Spears in my bra and panties (did you see the VMAs last night??)...not that it's any sort of accomplishment these days, but I am almost 9 weeks pregnant ; )

The Texans won yesterday...you mean we have a football team worth rooting for this year?? I'm going to have to pull out all my Texans shirts from the first year!

The Aggies won, too, but not before driving us all nuts with the overtimes!

I am in NO way complaining, but I do have to say it was hard to sit and watch our soccer game yesterday (Patrick and I usually play on the same co-ed over 30 team)...half of it was that I really wanted to be out there to help the defense, and the other half is the pressure of everyone knowing that I'm pregnant...I know we have lots of people rooting and praying for us, but at the same time, I can't help but think that I'll be letting all of those people down if something goes wrong again...I'm just so sick of being that "problem child".

Oh well, time for lunch, I'll continue on my quest for meat...seriously, that's about the only thing that sounds good to me these days. How I've eaten that much meat and still lost 2 pounds without ever throwing up, I'll never know!

3 comments:

Janna said...

Go Texans!!!! I can honestly say that I'm beginning to not be embarrassed about the fact that I'm a Texans fan!! lol

I hope your appt goes well. I'm sorry you've had all the spotting and scares...hopefully there will be no more of that!!!

Tina / Anxious Changer said...

I am hoping that your next appointment goes well for you and the bean.

I must tell you that, with my PG with DS, I did have some cramping and spotting around the time you are - and it was all things moving around to accommodate him. Of course, I am not sure if I could be as calm now as I was then (if I ever get PG again) - and I am sure it doesn't necessarily make it easier for you to relax either.

Kirsten said...

I'm sorry you are having to deal with spotting; I know that has to be scary but you really seem so positive and I think it's for GOOD reason.
The Aggie game was a good one; though it shouldn't have had to go that far :) And it is exciting to finally have a team worth watching in Houston!