Thursday, September 20, 2007

Belly Shots!

That's right. If I'm going to pretend to be "just another pregnant girl", then you have to be subjected to bi-weekly belly shots. Behold the miraculous change below...what's that you say? They look the same to you? LOL!

So I started at 6w, then by 8 weeks had lost 2 pounds total, then at 10weeks, I've lost 3 pounds total...yet somehow maybe I look a little poochier down low in the last one? Maybe? Come on, throw me a bone here.



ok, I have to admit, I'm a little jealous. Everyone on the pregnancy boards is showing off their little 10 week "bump"...but according to every book I've read and Dr. Swaim, those other "bumps" are probably gas or too much ice cream...so I guess I'm supposed to feel better about looking mostly the same...LOL! But now is when changes start to happen, so let's hope for a difference in 2 weeks!

Even though there's little change, my jeans are driving me insane! They button, but the bug me and make me more nauseous. Not to mention, practically every shirt I have is tailored and fitted. So I'm on a mission this weekend. I'm going to find a Bella Band and see if that will help my jeans and make a couple of tighter skirts more comfortable, and then I'm going to go buy fun shirts! NOT maternity shirts, just those cute empire waisted/babydoll shirts that are at EVERY single store right now. That's going to make the transition period much easier! I'm TIRED of sucking it in every day...not to mention that lower portion I was talking about WON'T suck in anymore!!! LOL!

In other news, the DHL website just reported to me that my doppler is on the truck for delivery to my house today!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure I'll drive myself, Patrick, the cats and dogs all crazy with it tonight!

6 comments:

Janna said...

Look at you all cute!!!! And for the record, I do see a slight difference in the 8 wk and 10 wk pics!!! So glad to know that everything is progressing nicely! You'll have the baby bump before you know it!

Kirsten said...

Okay, feels totally weird to tell someone they look bigger but I think there is a little tiny bit more roundness there in the last picture! And it's great you are taking them so often. I made the mistake of only taking a few bare-belly shots and it was when I was pretty far along. Lately I've been trying to remember what my belly looked like in the early months but have no pictures to reminisce.
Congrats on making it to 10 weeks! 12 will be here before you know it!

Kirsten said...

BTW...be sure to check out Charlotte Russe in the mall. I got TONS of cute shirts there during my transition period and they are very inexpensive. Also, there's a store called Agaci in the Galleria that had a lot, too.
The Bella Band was a lifesaver, before and after pregnancy.
Have fun shopping!

Polly Gamwich said...

I see a diff in the 8 week and 10 week ... and I CAN'T WAIT to see the 12 week shot!!!

Yay, yay, yay for pregnant belly shots!!!

BTW: you're my favorite blog to read right now, as I love to see this wonderful progression - you so inspire me! (perhaps I'm living vicariously through you ... is that so bad? ... I don't think so ;-)

Thanks for sharing your CUTE pics!

wirrek said...

Geez, I couldn't even tell that was you...I thought it was a model. Plus yes, I see a little pooch at 10 weeks. Congrats on making it this far.

Kristen said...

You are absolutely adorable! I see a bit of a lower pooch in the 10wk pic. A few more weeks and I think you'll REALLY notice a difference. Time is flying by - you'll be in your second trimester in the blink of an eye :)