Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Cyst

What else is new...

My scan last Friday showed a cyst. It was right at 15mm, which is the cutoff for cancelling a cycle...but it was also on my right ovary which tends to be more productive than the left. No one wanted to chance more complications or a bad response, so I'm on the pill again to shrink it.

I hate being on the pill...first of all, there's the whole bitter irony of having to take "birth control" when that's the last thing I want! But they also suggested a higher dose pill to be certain the cyst would shrink so I'm currently grouchy, nauseous and feeling miserable...

So I go back on June 7th to see if it's gone, and if so, we can take another shot with Femara.

In the meantime, I can drink freely for my 31st birthday this Saturday...I never thought I'd hate my birthday, but at this point, it's just a reminder of another year gone.

4 comments:

TeamWinks said...

I'm sorry to hear about the cyst. Hope it goes away, and you can get back in the stirrups again soon!

wirrek said...

Yep, cysts blow. I am really sorry.

Tina / Anxious Changer said...

Crap... Like you need this. Hope it goes away FAST!

SULLY said...

I hear ya...just like me...Go on birth control to bring on AF! Who thought up that idea? UGH.

Good luck next cycle!