Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Still going....

So there was drama last Friday. Thursday night I started having cramps, and then I noticed that my boobs weren't hurting anymore...then the worst...I started getting that feeling that something was wrong (which has happened every single time). By Friday morning, I was extremely emotional, still cramping, still no sore boobs. I called Terri at Dr. Mac's. They told me to come in at 3pm. Patrick met me there.

Apparently everyone at Dr. Mac's had been upset since my phone call. Dr. Mac came in the room before my u/s and hugged me and said we'd figure it out no matter what. Everyone was waiting to see...and as soon as we started, Patrick saw the heartbeat from across the room. He was fine. My uterus was contracting a little though (they said from the stress), so they told me to take it easy over the weekend. So I did.

I went back yesterday (they had me at 7w2d and hey, they're experts, so I'll go with their dating), and he was measuring about 7w. The heart rate went up again (it was 122bpm at the first one, 138bpm at the second one, and 152bpm yesterday). We could even see the cord and see him floating around in there. The heartbeat was really strong and loud. They said all looked well, and now I have to sit and wait. My next appt isn't until Jan. 4th.

I told Patrick that normal women would have the u/s I had yesterday, the dr. would say they looked great, and they wouldn't have another appt for like a month and probably not another u/s until 20 weeks. We're happy, but still cautious. We're trying to learn to enjoy everyday, and let go just a little bit.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

YAY!!! You made it to another milestone!!!
I know what you mean about "normal" pregnancies, but, honestly, I think after all we've been through it's kind of a reward to be able to go in frequently and check on things once there is a pregnancy...just a way to keep our minds at ease. My friend got pregnant with IVF and got to go in every other day for an u/s. It made her feel so much better to see it every day.
I am so excited for you guys...try to relax (ha, easier said than done, I know) and enjoy the holiday. You have such a blessing this year!!!!
And that just makes me love Dr. Mac and staff even more!!!
P.S. Do you know what happened to Leann? I know her daughter was in a wreck so she took off a lot of time for that but then she was back for a couple of weeks and then gone. I haven't seen her in a couple of months.

Tina / Anxious Changer said...

So glad you got such good news after that scare. Try to rest and, well, not worry (like that won't happen, right?).

I am so glad you have a caring doctor's staff... Dr. Mac's reminds me of Dr. D's for me - caring, hoping, and an excellent support. Will be thinking of you!

KRISTI said...

Hugs Hugs and more Hugs. Hang in there...we're all here for you!

Chastity said...

I can't even count how many ultrasounds I had; I was totally paranoid about every little thing. Oh, and my boobs were never sore during pregnancy, ever..so don't let that part worry you too much.

Eggs Akimbo said...

It's a tenuous time for us when we are pregnant. My boobs were sore for a bit but it all but disappeared when I tested positive.