Thursday, December 14, 2006

The good with the bad...

So according to my RE's office, the ultrasound went great. We saw the sac, the yolk sac, the embryo, and the heartbeat at 122 bpm. But (and there's always a but with me isn't there?) the embryo only measured 6w when I know I should have been 6w3d. Yes, I know that u/s are +/- like 5 days, but still....it worries me.

Seriously, Terri couldn't have been more positive about it. She said there's nothing to worry about, but then said she knows I'll worry anyway.

It's less about measuring 3 days behind and more about the fact that we're in the danger zone. They always stop growing at 6.5 weeks...we can't ever cross that hump. I feel like everything rests on these next few days, and that's an awful lot of pressure.

I'm absolutely terrified, and I'm finding it hard to concentrate on anything. My ultrasound will be Tuesday, and time couldn't possibly go any slower...I just need to know.

Surely God wouldn't do this to me 2 Christmases in a row....I just have to keep believing that this is finally the one that was meant to be...

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Praying for you; I know it's hard not to worry. I'm so glad you were able to see the embryo and heartbeat but I know you will feel much better next week after the next u/s. And I just love Terri : ) I hope Tuesday gets here FAST!!!

KRISTI said...

Sooooooo many hugs and prayers and thoughts and wishes for you.

Tina / Anxious Changer said...

Will be praying all continues to go well...and that THIS Christmas will be very different (in a great way).

Good luck with the next u/s!

Chastity said...

It's impossible not to worry when it comes to stuff like this. I worried for my entire first trimester. I didn't even tell the outside world I was pregnant until almost 18 weeks. When you go through pregnancy hardships like you have (like I did) you can't just take it easy like everyone wants you to. Good luck and I will definitely keep your little one in my prayers.