Monday, December 11, 2006

Less than 24 hours....

Less than 24 hours until my ultrasound tomorrow, and I've never been more terrified. I've joked that it's like post-traumatic stress disorder, but I'm not really joking. I've had so many bad ultrasounds...so much devastating news delivered to me as I lay there staring at the screen. I know that this is just part of the process, another step along the way, that in order to get there I have to have GOOD ultrasounds...but it's hard. It's hard to put aside the pain of the last 3 years and keep believing that this is really the one. I know everything is different this time...
Why not me?
It's been so many other people so many times...why not me? Why not this one? Why not now?
Please let this be everything that we've ever dreamed of, let this be the one that gets me through this, let this be the one we've waited for. Please...

2 comments:

Tina / Anxious Changer said...

Thinking of you and the bean today... I am hoping this turns out to be a fantastic u/s!!!

Kirsten said...

You deserve this; I am praying for good news today. I know it's hard not to think negative thoughts but, you've been through enough, you are long overdue for good things to come your way so here's to hoping you get that today.
: )