Thursday, April 27, 2006

Not so bad day...

There's not a whole lot going on, but I discovered that today I feel pretty good...how's that for optimism.

Who knows what's going on with this cycle! We're just waiting a few days to decide whether we induce a period with meds or I let it come on it's own...which means I'm trying to figure out if I've ovulated or not based on a couple of days of temperatures...LOL! Can you imagine? After 2 years, I for once, have no idea if I ovulated or not...actually, it's kind of nice...almost liberating! Maybe I'll try the Britney Spears get pregnant quick plan and get wasted for 5 days straight...

Anyway, I think the reason I'm in such a good mood is because I have a new furry niece!!!!

So we went to Dallas this past weekend for Patrick's volleyball tournament. On Saturday, I went to lunch with one of my friends. We were headed to Starbucks afterwards, and I see this big black dog. I immediately knew it was a Great Dane puppy and I had to go pet it. When I got closer, I realized it was a mobile adoption site, and she was VERY skinny. They estimated her to be 6months-1year old. They found her wandering the streets of Dallas, and she had been at the shelter for 1 month...with NO ONE interested. I was so upset. She was super sweet, great temperament, and she looked like she could have been Tristan and Skylar's sister. So we went to Starbucks...and I called Patrick...and he didn't say no. We both knew it wasn't a great decision, but he said that he knew we had to do something because big dogs like that just don't get adopted from shelters. We figured we could contact a rescue group and somehow get her to them or something. Anyway, I went back and got contact information and told them I'd call on Monday to leave my information so that they would call us before they decided to put her down or anything (we would just take her before we let that happen)...but we wanted to see if she would get adopted that weekend.

Sunday I went to lunch with my little brother who goes to school in Denton. Patrick had noticed they were doing mobile adoptions at the same location, but we were convinced there would be different dogs. Nope, she was there. Patrick decided he had time to meet us there, so my brother and I went to have lunch. I told my brother that I knew it wasn't the best idea, but that I couldn't leave her there. Out of nowhere, he says "I think I'll take her sis"...and then proceeds to say all the right things...he's graduating in August, he has a yard, he has a flexible schedule, he just started a part-time job so he'll have the money, he's wanted a dog for a while, and he really likes her. We went back and spent more time with her (while other people were also looking at her...this really rude guy that was trying to do obedience training with her and being a jackass, meanwhile she would sit and lay down for me with no problem...LOL!). That idiot guy sealed the deal for my brother and he started filling out paperwork.

She got spayed Monday, and my brother picked up my new furniece Chloe on Tuesday!!!!! I'll have to get him to take pictures!!!! So far she's doing great, and I'm equally happy for her and him....he really needed this.

No comments: