Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Getting Back on the Bike

So I recovered from the D&C, went off to school in January, passed my comprehensive exam with flying colors, and came back to real life. I actually went on the pill for the month of January...only to discover that it makes me a real bitch, so I went right back off of it in February. I had a random day of fertile stuff in February, so we went for it, but my period came on schedule...no big deal.

During Feb 2006, we got the results of our testing. They had tested the last miscarriage....46XX...a perfect girl. This was good news since it proved that we were capable of producing genetically normal offspring. But the reality of it hit me, and I still hurt when I see little girls with dark brown wavy hair and big brown eyes...what would she have looked like?

Anyway, my thrombophilia panel came back as well. I'm a compound heterozygote for MTHFR. Could that have caused my miscarriages? Maybe. Regardless, it seemed to indicate that I needed more medication...mostly holistic. So now I take 9 pills a day...I hate taking pills.

March 2006, we decided to try again. Our plan: go in for a mid-cycle u/s, and if my uterine lining is good and there's a nice big follicle, we'll trigger (like what we did in September 2005). All went well, even though my progesterone was not as high as I would have liked at 7dpo (14.7). But no luck...I had a rough time with it. I know it was our first cycle back trying, but the weight of 2 years was getting to me. We talked about taking a break, but in the end, decided that it was best to keep trying.

April 2006, I was ready to go. And then my mid-cycle u/s sent that plan to hell. Even after getting a positive ovulation kit on day 14 (which has NEVER happened...the earliest I ever ovulated on my own was day 21), the u/s that afternoon showed NO dominant follicle and a crappy lining. I was nowhere near ovulating...

It sucks...a lot. So we're on a break of sorts (do you think GOd decided to make the decision for me?). When May comes, we'll decide whether I'll let this cycle play out or go get provera to induce my period. Next cycle, we'll do another mid-cycle u/s to see if a trigger is worth it. Just taking it day by day at this point I guess.

No comments: