Tuesday, July 31, 2007

IUI...or better yet...insemination

So I was inseminated on Tuesday, July 24th.

It was scheduled for 3pm, so Patrick was scheduled to "do his thing" at 1:45pm. I was slightly offended that he didn't want any "help" and didn't want me over at that clinic at all. He said he'd rather me be relaxed and just meet him at Dr. Mac's...the later admitted that it was just going to be awkward for him and having me there would just make him more nervous and embarrassed. I guess I can understand. It was his first "invasive" part of infertility...not like he'd had his feet in stirrups with more people than he could count staring at his crotch for years now. ; )

Anyway, do-do bird left a little late, got stuck behind a wreck, and had me worried that the stress would cause him technical difficulties. He got there and got it done, but not until 2:30. So I'm sitting at Dr. Mac's, he's sitting in the building across the complex. Finally, his sample is done...BUT they start giving him the insurance run-around (referral from the PCP, what??). I get annoyed, the nurses see me annoyed in the waiting room, so they call over to the other clinic and tell them to let him get over here with his sample : )

He comes over practically glowing. Apparently his sperm count was over 300 million. Every other factor was great, usually well above normal. At least one of us works! Amazing to everyone that after 3.5years this was his first semen analysis...hahaha!
Anyway, the IUI went smoothly. Patrick even got to actually inseminate me (he pushed the plunger), and he was so cute to pat my tummy and kiss me as soon as he's finished.

Oh, that reminds me. I need to tell the muffin story, but I need my picture to do that...have to get him to download it!

So we wait....

3 comments:

Emilie said...

This reminds me of my IUI. We had a fiasco the day before: the ART clinic called and said that the wouldn't do the IUI because my husband hadn't gotten an AIDS test. He had the clinic we usually go to draw the blood months before, and we thought we had it covered, but the clinic said THEY NEVER PROCESSED THE DRAWN BLOOD. When were they going to tell us? I don't know why I was surprised; these were the same lab folks that left his semen sample on the counter for 6 hours when he brought it in for testing. OOPs! He made a big deal about having to do HIS part again. I thought, YOU never had to have an endometrial Biopsy... you don't know from a cervical clamp... you do this for YOURSELF all the time, now get in there and DO IT ONCE FOR ME! Sheesh. Men are such big big babies sometimes!
The funny thing is, that I didn't have to make hubby do his part at the doc's office. I just had to bring his cup of love in with me. After all that hubbub about the VD tests, they never made sure the sperm I brought in ACTUALLY belonged to the person they tested. REALY!?!?!? I could have paid a bum on the street 5 bucks. (not that I would have wanted bum DNA... but you see my point.)
I'm cheering for you, Honey.
E

KRISTI said...

So I went to Hallmark to find you a "Best of Luck on your Insemination" card. But they don't have any! ;) It's the thought that counts right???

I'm thinking of you.

lunar said...

You guys are cracking me up!

Oi...the cervical clamp...that damn tenaculum...that was NO fun!

Maybe we should write to Hallmark..."Good luck with your insemination"..."My sympathies on your BFN"..."Congrats on your fertilization report". LOL!
Seriously though, there used to be some e-cards to that effect at poas.com...