Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mid-August Update

OK, so one more post and we're completely caught up!

The month of August brought us to Larkin's 4 month check-up....and she's still in the 75th percentile for both height and weight...LOL! Again, I like to think that because she's 75th for both, that she's proportional...but yes, she's got chubby cheeks, and two chins, LOL!

Larkin also started daycare this month which was a huge ordeal for me (not for her...LOL), but she has been doing terrific. She loves it there and the ladies are wonderful (my mom was terrific and came up for her first week and spent a lot of time with her there to ease her into it. My mom is SUPER picky and was very pleased with everything that she saw). Honestly, she's a little bored when she's home all day now because they keep her very busy and give her tons of attention at school. They've even nicknamed her "babydoll"...LOL!

Now that we're starting to get into a rhythm, things are going great.

Here are a few pictures so far in the month of August...
First, we went to the 2nd Annual Aggie BBQ, which is a reunion of a bunch of college friends. This was a big deal for us because last year we were the ONLY ones who weren't either pregnant or already had kids running around...who knew that one year later, not only would I have a baby, but I'd be pregnant, too! LOL! The party also brought us Larkin's first time in the pool...she loved it! I totally want a saltwater pool now, but Patrick says not until I learn to swim...details, details...
The family before we left...
You just wish you looked this good in a two-piece...One of those pictures that make me teary-eyed...
Swimming is SO tiring....
Do I look different now??? I lost all my hair, but it's oh so slowly coming back!!!

And one of my favorite things to do...the Exersaucer...which has more stuff than I have ever seen on any other Exersaucer...this is what happens when you send Daddy and Larkin to Babies R Us on their own...LOL!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

So, I finally picked my jaw up from off the floor!!! Holy Cow!!! That is awesome news :) It will be wonderful for your children to have each other and be so close in age…sure, there will be rough patches to work through but all of that takes a backseat the moment you see your children look into each others’ eyes and smile…it is priceless.
You have truly been blessed. I have to admit, your story makes me want to take my brand new pack of BCP’s and toss them in the garbage just to see what happens!! But, I think I’ve waited too long at this point…and two is such a good number!
I love the picture with Dr. Mac! I have yet to take the girls by there but someday I will. I bet they were thrilled to hear your news as well!
Looking forward to hearing all about Tyrone’s progress…and, by the way, Larkin is an absolute doll :)