Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A Personal Record

Well, nothing like a little hope to make the time CRAWL by. My 7 dpo progesterone check came back....32.6...a new personal record for me. It was never that high even when I was pregnant. Not that a high number means that I could be...just that if there is a little zygote floating around, it might actually have a shot.

This whole progesterone thing has really got me thinking, too. Maybe that was one of my problems. I never started the progesterone in the last pregnancy until 5 weeks (when it had dropped a little from the previous weeks). I know that falling/low progesterone can signal a "doomed" pregnancy, but low progesterone contributes to bad lining, bad circulation, bad implantation which of course could be what was "dooming" the pregnancy to start with, right? So what if this stupid little pill I put you-know-where twice a day is all I needed?

Is there such a thing as too much hope? Geez, I'm setting myself up for a fall again...I need to get back to reality...

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

That's exciting! Were you seeing Dr. Mac for your last pregnancy? I was just wondering b/c they had me begin progesterone a few days after taking the trigger shot and I didn't know if that was their standard protocol or not. I really think it helps, too, even though it's not so pleasant!
Let me know when you hear something!!!!

Kirsten said...

How is everything? I am worried about you!! I hope all is well...